Outside of programming and helping my wife take care of our two kids, I enjoy video games, karaoke, sushi and collecting watches.”
Robert “Rob” C. Pike (born 1956) is a Canadian programmer and author.
He is best known for his work on the Go programming language and at Bell Labs, where he was a member of the Unix team and was involved in the creation of the Plan 9 from Bell Labs and Inferno operating systems, as well as the Limbo programming language.
See also History of Go.
- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: The Unix Legacy – Slides of his presentation at the commemoration of 1000000000 seconds of the Unix clock.Archive on cat-v.org
- Systems Software Research is Irrelevant (a.k.a. utah2000) slidesps file
- Pike’s personal homepage
- Pike’s Google homepage
- Pike’s page on cat-v.org
- Pike’s page on C archive
- Questions and Answers with Rob Pike by Robin “Roblimo” Miller (published in Slashdot in October 2004)
- Interview on informit.comAnother interview
- Interview on infoworld.com
- Interview on red-gate.com
- Interview on usesthis.com
- Concurrency/message passing Newsqueak on YouTube (Google Tech Talks May 9, 2007)
- Structural Regular Expressions by Rob Pike slides
- The history of UTF-8 as told by Rob Piketext file
- Pike’s appearance with Penn & Teller on Letterman on YouTube
The Cloud Monk is the Nom de plume pen name of Mike Kreuzer, Ph.D, MCSE/MCT, Azure DevOps / DevSecOps Engineer Author. As a former ordained Buddhist Monk from Nalanda Monastery France, the Cloud Monk goes by the ordination name of “Losang Jinpa” while practicing as an Ayurvedic Doctor – Pastoral Counselor. As a polymath Losang is also an author of Buddha Dharma and IT Cybersecurity, Pentesting, DevOps books, a Technical Writer, a Wiki Fanatic, a Polyglot (fluent in French, versed in Sanskrit, with basic spoken Mandarin; coding PowerShell, Java, Kotlin, and basic Python scripting), a Permaculture Gardener, and an amateur Historian focused on the History of Technology. Cloud Monk‘s greatest influence, Main Teacher and Mentor is Da Xin De Ben Shr.